Every incoming student is assigned an Academic Advising Coordinator. This assignment is made by last name and not by discipline.
Students will work with their respective Coordinator to plan their course schedule, explore various majors and disciplines, and project their course sequence. Students may also work with these individuals to further strengthen their studying, preparation, and test-taking skills.
Students will work with their Coordinator until they transition to Faculty Advisor within chosen academic majors.
Amy Argyris Dupont
Last Name A - F I Contact Me By Clicking Here
- BS Psychology - University of Iowa
- MA Higher Education, Concentration in College Student Development - University of Denver
- Advises students with last name: A-F
- Peer Advising program development and oversight, coordination of Faculty in CASA, CSM151: Applied Spatial Visualization, and campus wide programming initiatives.
I was born and raised in the suburbs of Chicago and am a pretty loyal expat. I love living in Denver, visiting all of the different neighborhoods, exploring restaurants, and riding my bike around town. I realized I wanted to work in higher education while serving as a peer advisor my senior year at the University of Iowa. I am excited to be at Mines doing what I love- working with students and providing academic support. I look forward to hearing about your goals and being here to encourage you as you work toward achieving those goals. My personal interests include cooking, reading, spending time with friends and family, and traveling. I hope to meet you soon!
Last Name G - L I Contact Me By Clicking Here
- BA English - Ohio University
- MA Higher Education - University of Denver
- Advises students with last name: G-L
- Coordination of CSM101 and co-supervision of Peer Mentoring program
I am a Clevelander at heart, though Colorado is definitely home. My family and I live here in Golden, and we’re constantly out and about exploring all that this town and the surrounding areas have to offer. I think CSM is truly unique and we are all lucky to be able to experience it. I encourage you to try new things and get involved on campus as much as possible! My personal interests include hiking, reading and cooking. And while I am not a scientist by profession, my brother is an Engineer, so I’m fully aware of the joy and the challenge it can be!
Last Name M - R I Contact Me By Clicking Here
Students with last name M - R and who were previously coded with Megan Harris have been reassigned to Colin Terry, Director of CASA. Colin, and the rest of CASA, will assist students with all advising needs. To connect with Colin or CASA, please click above. We can't wait to support and assist! And as an FYI - we are in the process of hiring a new advisor with the hope of a January start.
Last Name S - Z I Contact Me By Clicking Here
- BA Sociology - Saint Leo University
- M. Ed. Curriculum and Instruction, Concentration in College Student Affairs - University of South Florida
- Advises students with last name: S-Z
- Coordination of CASA academic support services including CASA Tutoring and Core Supplemental Instruction. Coordination of innovative and specialized academic programming.
I am a Baltimore, Maryland native but moved to Tampa, Florida to complete my undergraduate and graduate degrees. Having lived in Maryland, Florida and Virginia I was an East Coast girl at heart until I moved to in Dubai, UAE for three years in 2012. My experience in the Middle East allowed me to work with students from multiple backgrounds and travel the world where I experienced a multitude of different cultures, ideas and my favorite thing: food. I love working with students and helping them succeed and can’t wait to work with the students of Mines. I have a spunky dachshund dog named Keebler and I enjoy reading, watching baseball (Go Orioles!), running and going on adventures.
All Fields Required