Every incoming student is assigned an Academic Advising Coordinator. This assignment is made by last name and not discipline.
Students will work with their respective Coordinator to plan their course schedule, explore various majors and disciplines, and project their course sequence.
Students may also work with these individuals to further strengthen their studying, preparation, and test-taking skills.
Students will work with their Coordinator until they transition to Faculty Advisor within chosen academic majors. Students can always look-up their Academic Advisor via Trailhead.
Amy Argyris Dupont
Last Name A - F I firstname.lastname@example.org
- BS Psychology - University of Iowa
- MA Higher Education, Concentration in College Student Development - University of Denver
- Advises students with last name: A-F
- Peer Advising program development and oversight. As well, large-scale university programming.
I was born and raised in the suburbs of Chicago and am a pretty loyal expat. I love living in Denver, visiting all of the different neighborhoods, exploring restaurants, and riding my bike around town. I realized I wanted to work in higher education while serving as a peer advisor my senior year at the University of Iowa. I am excited to be at Mines doing what I love- working with students and providing academic support. I look forward to hearing about your goals and being here to encourage you as you work toward achieving those goals. My personal interests include cooking, reading, spending time with friends and family, and traveling. I hope to meet you soon!
Last Name G - L I email@example.com
- BA English - Ohio University
- MA Higher Education - University of Denver
- Advises students with last name: G-M
- Coordination of CSM101 and co-supervision of Peer Mentoring program
I am a Clevelander at heart, though Colorado is definitely home. My family and I live here in Golden, and we’re constantly out and about exploring all that this town and the surrounding areas have to offer. I think CSM is truly unique and we are all lucky to be able to experience it. I encourage you to try new things and get involved on campus as much as possible! My personal interests include hiking, reading and cooking. And while I am not a scientist by profession, my brother is an Engineer, so I’m fully aware of the joy and the challenge it can be!
Last Name M - R I firstname.lastname@example.org
- BA Sociology with a Minor in Ethnic Studies - University of Colorado at Boulder
- MS Organization Leadership & Human Resource Management - Regis University
- Advises students with last name: M-R
- Coordination of CASA retention efforts such as Withdrawal Management, Academics101, and CASA Early Alert, Identification, & Outreach
I was born and raised in the great state of Texas, and moved to Colorado with my family in 2001. I love living in Colorado, and cannot imagine living anywhere else. However, I do miss the amazing food and culture that I grew up with in San Antonio. I love to workout, including weight lifting and crossfit. Most of the time I also enjoy cooking, and especially baking. I will often bring in sweets that I made from scratch and share them with my colleagues and my students!
I have previously worked at University of Texas at Arlington, University of Colorado at Boulder, and Community College of Aurora. I am excited to add the Colorado School of Mines to my experience. I love to try new things and set very high goals for myself, even some that may seem incredibly daunting to achieve. Throughout my career, the experiences I valued the most were those that usually involved someone achieving something they never thought possible, or where they had to overcome obstacles to reach their goal. Because of this, I have learned a great deal about perseverance, gratitude, and appreciation. These are values which I uphold in my career and my personal life.
Last Name S - Z I email@example.com
- BA Sociology- Saint Leo University
M. Ed. Curriculum and Instruction, Concentration in College Student Affairs- University of South Florida
- Advises students with last name: S-Z
- Coordination of CASA academic support services including CASA Tutoring and Core Supplemental Instruction. Coordination of innovative and specialized academic programming.
I am a Baltimore, Maryland native but moved to Tampa, Florida to complete my undergraduate and graduate degrees. Having lived in Maryland, Florida and Virginia I was an East Coast girl at heart until I moved to in Dubai, UAE for three years in 2012. My experience in the Middle East allowed me to work with students from multiple backgrounds and travel the world where I experienced a multitude of different cultures, ideas and my favorite thing: food. I love working with students and helping them succeed and can’t wait to work with the students of Mines. I have a spunky dachshund dog named Keebler and I enjoy reading, watching baseball (Go Orioles), running and going on adventures.